Ways to Help Us and Another Perspective


You've seen this, but it was a promise to my Dr



Hi everyone!

I'm getting ready to head to the main building, Elevator E, 5th floor for my pre-surgery party in the waiting room! I am about to take an antibacterial bath/shower, and start hugging my kiddos.

Many people have been asking how to help us. It's been heavily weighing on me because I know that you want to help, we need help, but I don't want to ask for STUFF. I really got what I needed most over the past month. Prayers, inspiration, notes of love and kindness.

But because I know that's not what you meant - here are ways to help us:
  • If you're local in Austin | Bastrop | Cedar Creek
  • Other ways to help:
    • BRAG abour your kindness, tag me in it, hash tag it #PowerOfOneMultiplied, and tell me about how you helped spread kindness, positivity, and goodness. Every time you do it. No matter how small - it's going to prompt ideas for others, show people that there's good going on, and it's going to keep ME motivated.
    • Keep sending me those love notes
    • Gift cards - HEB, Visa, food locations, Amazon
    • Gift me with your time


I've brought you a guest blogger while I'm away today...

Damien, you now have the stage.  


Hellloooooooooooo, there! It's me - we haven't officially met. My name is Damien. Hanna has been getting all the attention and that's cool - I've done some things to her I'm not proud of but I haven't been all bad. It is time for me to leave and that's cool.

I know I've done some bad things while living in Hanna's brain. But I think I've also done some good.

  • I let her live her second career fantasy. Professional Organizer Extraordinaire
  • We've started this blog together to spread #PowerOfOne and y'all have #Multiplied it! Our blog posts have a highest view of over 5,000 people and most average about 1,000. That's a lot of people reading our thoughts and hearing about #Kindness, #Joy, #PowerOfOne, #PowerOfOneMultiplied, #MDAnderson. We're kinda fighting the greatest fight together - and I deserve some of that credit
  • Meeting new people and inspiring them is our story
  • Brought those prayer warriors
  • Brought her back to her faith and recommitted her
  • Reminded Hanna of what's important and helped her prioritize and focus herself
  • Reconnected her with friends and family she hasn't seen in years. Some since her wedding in 2007!!!
  • Helped her truly understand the places some friends have been that she wasn't able to journey. 
  • Made her more compassionate, empathetic, and forgiving.
  • Showed her some of the cracks in her life
  • Proved to her how much she is loved. Truly loved. Always by so, so, so, many people. 
  • Forged her into a diamond - she knows herself and what she stands for more than she ever has before. She's a rock. Confident in her person and her beliefs, and her ability to change the world. (she was still wrong yesterday and verbally admitted it to her Uncle and Aunts. Don't get used to it though - she's still going to be right more often than not - it's how God made her).
  • Helped her find silver lining and ways to make this a positive experience by sharing it and her experiences and thoughts on how to make the world a little better one small act of kindness at a time. 
  • Reminded her she has a voice and her love of writing; and gave her a platform to share it with the world. Literally the world.
  • Love. She's experience pure love every day since July15. EVERY. DAY...
  • Triggered a seizure that literally saved her life.
  • Not a saint or a perfect person. I do think Hanna's inspiring. But she has her faults - she just thinks you get up and try to be better today but that you do have tomorrow to try it again. Perfection is a goal - perfection of spirit, of commitment to try harder, do your best. You might not make it, but the pursuit of it will get you as close as you will ever get. 

So, while I know I'm being evicted this morning, there will still be a little of me left in Hanna. Maybe I grew to the left side of her brain (where today's surgery cannot remove me) to keep her faithful to the list of things above. As long as we have together, I promise you this - I'll help her be a good person and spread kindness.

Because I'm here to stay in some fashion for the rest of her life. We're going to fight each other. I'll let her win some, but I know I'll win some too. It's our relationship - the way we will co-exist forever. I'll give her as much time as possible - but I'll be smaller - I'll be weaker - and she's going to win. She's going to get so much time to finish what she's started.

It has been a pleasure to meet you finally. But I must be leaving now. We're going to get ready for surgery.

P.S. I totally took all the mini convenience bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and soap. My treasures. #NotPerfect

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So John McCain and I have something in common...

The One I've Been Avoiding Writing

A Broken Phone and a Lot of Kindness - Saying Thank You